If you feel like you are ready to take the NICET Level I Fire Alarm Systems Exam….read these test tips. These tips aren’t about the content of the NICET exam, but rather general tips that I used before and during the exam.
1. Make sure you review BEFORE you enter the office. They don’t let you review any material even in the waiting area before you get to the computer room.
2. Be 100% the books you are allowed to use (NEC 2011 & NFPA 72 2013) are free of any writing, they will check for loose sheets or sticky notes. You are allowed to highlight though.
3. During the NICET Level I test, if you come across a question you don’t know, flag it but DON’T leave it blank. Just select an answer you think best fits, flag it and continue. The reason you shouldn’t flag it and leave it blank is in case you don’t have time left at the end to review the flagged questions; you at least didn’t leave it blank and have a chance of getting it right.
4. Don’t spend too much time on a question you don’t know.
5. Try to relax as you read the questions. Read them to yourself twice or three times.
If you haven’t already done so, check out the NICET Fire Alarm Systems Level I study guide @Amazon!